The Villages at Mauna Lani contracts with PFI Rubbish Service for twice a week pickup of normal household waste. Rubbish is picked up every Monday and Thursday. Although pickup times might vary slightly from week to week, please have your rubbish in the trashcans by 7:00 a.m.
Please follow the following guidelines:
- All rubbish must be in sealed plastic bags and placed in the trashcans.
- Only household rubbish will be collected.
- No construction waste, tires, car batteries, paint, oil, medical waste, or hazard waste is permitted.
- Styrofoam packing peanuts must be placed in a separate plastic bag, sealed at the top. They will not be picked up if left in the original box.
- Empty cardboard boxes are O.K. and will be picked up if left beside the trashcan. Please make the effort to flatten the boxes.
You can arrange for a special pickup for such items as furniture, appliances, packing materials, pallets, and large amounts of cardboard. The minimum charge for a special pickup is $75.00 per pickup truck plus $1.00 per minute for loading time. Charges for the special pickup will be billed directly to the homeowner. Please call the PFI office at (808) 329-3440 to arrange a special pickup or contact them online: PFI Rubbish